LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local businesses and residents impacted by this year's heavy rainfalls and flooding will soon be able to apply for low-interest loans at special disaster centers.
The disaster loans are available through the US Small Business Administration for La Crosse and surrounding counties affected by July's flooding. To make the application process smoother, Disaster Loan Outreach Centers are being set up in La Crosse and Trempealeau Counties.
"It's case-by-case, so whatever your circumstances are, your ability to borrow money from other lenders, that takes into consideration, so you can get these super low-interest loans from SBA. For many people it really is a godsend,” said La Crosse County Emergency Management Coordinator Keith Butler.
The Disaster Loan Outreach Centers are opening tomorrow in La Crosse and Galesville.
Small Business Administration Representatives will be available at both locations to answer questions and help with the application process.
You can find more information on the disaster loans at the SBA's website.
- Holmen High students raise money for classmate's dad
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts Santa workshop
- Toys For Tots pickup distributed to community
- Crime lab expert's testimony runs contrary to Kendhammer's explanation of alleged crash
- Historic Hiawatha statue causes controversy
- Partisan divide deepens over Walker investigation
- 50 La Crosse jobs impacted by change at CenturyLink
- Proposed La Crosse Center renovations would bring in visitors, millions in revenue
- La Crosse's Rotary Lights on track for record year
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 9, 2017