LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some La Crosse high school students make salt water safe to drink.
Students in a special program in the technology and engineering department at Logan High School.. partnered with several local companies to design and build a desalination system this past school year.
The system has the ability to purify salt water into safe drinking water.
Students designed and fabricated the system at Logan High.
"In most of your every day classes, you are sitting through lectures and not really getting to participate in something that could really effect the world but this does," said Logan High School senior Paige Treakle.
In previous years, students in the class have made an underwater vehicle, a self driving car and an exoskeleton.
- Child safe after attempted abduction in La Farge
- La Crosse Fire Department adds new engine, remembers fallen fire fighter
- Authorities identify pilot killed in Wisconsin plane crash
- Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson talks tariff effects on farmers, manufacturers
- Fort McCoy opens its doors to visitors.
- Wisconsin researchers study genetic screening for Amish
- Wisconsin duck boat operators won't change operations
- 3 Minnesota prison officers resign after colleague killed
- Company celebrates 150 years in Coulee Region
- Volunteers provide food, care also in wake of Iowa tornadoes