HATFIELD, Wis. (WKBT) - A train locomotive leaked engine oil onto a railroad bed after an apparent blown engine Tuesday.
Black River Falls Fire Department received a call on May 23 at 6:17 p.m. for a small train engine oil leak near Hatfield, a press release said.
The oil spread from the railroad bed to the railroad right away, which had standing water in it. The fire department used an oil absorbing boom in the wet land area and absorbent mats on the rail bed, according to the release.
Canadian National Railway also responded with a team for site cleanup that lasted 1.5 hours.
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'Right to Try' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached