LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Saint Patrick's Day is just a few days away, and preparations are underway for the annual parade through downtown La Crosse.
The 11th annual parade will start with a breakfast kickoff event at the Charmant Hotel this year. From there, the parade will start at noon and head toward the library on Main Street.
Donations for the Hunger Task Force will be collected along the parade route this year.
This year's Irish Rose, Mary Monks, says there's always a lot of excitement leading up to the holiday ... even among those who aren't Irish.
She says, "I think it's the feeling of inclusion, being a member of something greater than yourself and people are proud of their heritage."
A post-parade party will be held at the Brickhouse on 5th avenue on Saturday afternoon.
The Children's Museum is also offering St. Patrick's Day activities for families between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Survey shows Wisconsin employment expected to rise above national average
- La Crosse celebrates St. Patrick's Day
- Colon cancer steadily decreasing, according to new reports
- 44th annual custom auto show visits the La Crosse Center
- Bangor boys basketball wins Division 5 state championship
- District hosts operating referendum informational meeting
- Kaul rips Schimel on wells, opioids, arming teachers
- Personality conflict puts Walker priorities in peril
- Company that built Florida pedestrian bridge also designed I-90 Dresbach, Winona bridges
- FBI asking for leads in fatal apartment explosion