ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Two area women are back home after a busy weekend that saw them rubbing shoulders with some of the biggest names in music.
Kristen Schwanke from Onalaska and Gerryane Schwanke from Boscobel won free tickets to this year's Grammy Awards during an appearance on 'Ellen' last week.
They also won free airfare and a hotel stay as part of the trip to New York.
While there, they got the chance to meet some famous artists at a pre-party before getting shuttled to the door of Madison Square Garden and taking their seats just a couple rows behind the celebrities.
But Kristen says her favorite part of the trip actually came in the days leading up to the big event.
"I think the best memory of the whole thing was just the generosity of everybody. The community came together and supported me, the Wedding Tree gave me this beautiful dress to use, Funk in La Crosse gave me a clutch to use, I had family and friends who were supportive in helping me get everything done in a matter of three days."
Kristen says even though it was an unbelievable experience, she was happy to get back home to her kids and get back to work Tuesday at Onalaska Middle School.
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- Weather related closings/delays for Monday, February 19
- WIAA boys basketball playoff brackets released
- Lazzaris adds international flair to state meet
- Central-Logan boys skiers highlight day 2 of Ski & Snowboard Championships
- La Crosse officials help foster parents make scrap books