LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local branch of a national nonprofit is looking for volunteers to help service members coming to our area.
La Crosse's United Service Organizations, or USO, is hoping to gain about 40 volunteers.
Volunteers help service members by staffing the USO lounge at the La Crosse Airport and providing insight into the La Crosse area.
"A volunteer would have to be someone who is patriotic, is welcoming and open, a happy person, kind of laid-back and easy-going. But somebody who really understands how important a cup of coffee and a granola bar is to our soldiers,” said USO Wisconsin Operations Director Elizabeth Hazlett.
USO officials say some volunteers would also be able to help in training missions at Fort McCoy.
If you are interested in volunteering, you can find out how at www.USOWisconsin.org.
- News 8 Investigates: Human Trafficking
- Missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter found safe in Madison
- Walker proposes Wisconsin welfare overhaul package
- La Crosse Center board picks design for renovation
- Coon Valley woman charged in drug overdose death
- Boys charged in $60,000, bee-killing vandalism
- Registered Sex Offender wanted by police
- Wisconsin unemployment hit record low in December
- Racine police fatally shoot man after traffic stop
- Officials search for missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter last seen Wednesday