LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Kids got to experience a little Halloween Science Sunday at UW-La Crosse.
UW-L Chemistry and Biochemistry students hosted Tricks or Science Sunday afternoon.
Dressed up in Halloween costumes, kids learned about different aspects of chemistry.
Different stations were set up for kids to participate in hands on experiments.
UW-L students showcased larger experiments with dry ice and liquid nitrogen.
Organizers say this is a great opportunity for kids to discover the joys of science.
"For kids to get an idea that science can be fun. Science isn't scary, science doesn't have to be something that they think is hard. Just to really engage them in a enthusiastic manner at an early age is one of the best things that we can do as educators," said Assistant Professor Nadia Carmosini said.
This was the first year of the event.
- Onalaska Police Chief submits resignation
- Family Fest brings families together from around the community
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers