MAUSTON, Wis. (WKBT) - Two people were injured after a multiple vehicle accident near Mauston Wednesday morning.
At approximately 6:26 A.M. a F350 diesel ford truck hauling a large generator blew the turbo at milepost 71 creating a lot of smoke that completely engulfed the westbound lanes.
A Frito lay semi-tractor trailer driving behind the truck slowed and was hit by a holiday wholesale straight truck completely pushing the engine into the passenger compartment, pinning the passengers.
The passenger sustained non life-threatening injury. The passenger was extricated and flown to UW-Hospital in Madison. The driver of the straight truck was transported to Mile Bluff medical center for minor injuries. The driver of the Frito lay truck was not injured.
Another car swerved to the shoulder to avoid a crash with the disabled straight truck when another semi unit hauling 20,000 lbs of Christmas trees hit the car.
After hitting with the car, the semi driver over corrected to the ditch causing the semi to tip onto its side and come to rest in the ditch.
The drivers of the semi and car were not injured.
The crash is still being investigated at this time.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018
- Wisconsin sees increase in respiratory illnesses