NEILLSVILLE, Wis. - Two people are dead after a motorcycle and car collided at the intersection of U.S. 10 and Sidney Avenue Thursday afternoon.
According to a press release from the Clark County Sheriff's Office, crews were dispatched to the accident at 1 p.m.
The release said according to an initial investigation, the motorcycle was traveling east on U.S. 10 when the westbound car crossed the center line and hit the motorcycle. The driver and passenger of the motorcycle were thrown off, and died as a result.
The driver of the car was transported by helicopter to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Sheriff's Office is continuing its investigation into the crash.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled