LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The process to sign up for the Salvation Army's Christmas programs is changing this year.
Starting this Monday, families wanting to take part in the Salvation Army's programs this holiday season will first need to make an appointment with the organization to register.
Officials say the change will help reduce the rush of clients and waiting times at the beginning of the signup period.
"It's just less inconvenient for the client. They don't have to wait in the lines. We never know what the weather's going to be like at this time of the year, you know, it could be raining like it is today or it could be snowing for all we know," said Salvation Army of La Crosse Program Director Vicky Caya.
Registration for the Angel Giving Tree, Christmas Food Basket and La Crosse Jaycees Toys for Tots programs will be affected by the change this year.
Families that want to sign up for the programs can start calling The Salvation Army on Monday to make an appointment.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- New US Senate budget agreement to provide relief to dairy farmers
- Holmen sends big number to state wrestling
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Wisconsin republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools