WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Student loan debt continues to make headlines.
Minnesota congressman Tim Walz spoke with Winona State University students about problems they are facing paying for their education.
Walz says there is an answer to the growing problem, but it takes everyone to solve the issue.
"Now it's almost become a cliché where we hear about the mounting student loan debt, the problems that folks are having going to college. We need some solutions on this, and there are some answers out there and I want to hear directly from these kids what's impacting them as they look towards their future," said Representative Walz.
Representative Walz says the increasing student debt is also impacting other areas of the economy with lower spending throughout communities.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018
- Wisconsin sees increase in respiratory illnesses