ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - While you are out shopping for your family's holiday gifts this weekend, some furry friends could use a few gifts as well.
The Coulee Region Humane Society hopes you will donate this holiday season for their annual Giving Tree. The third annual event has people take an ornament from the Giving Tree and support the shelter with the gift named on the ornament.
The humane Society is asking for pet food, litter, toys and more.
Humane Society officials say every gift helps provide for the pets until they find a forever home.
"As they're waiting for their homes we have to give them new bedding every day, new toys to play with. They go through food, water. Some of them need special canned food. The babies need special milk replacement. So we go through those supplies every day until they get adopted into their forever homes," said Coulee Region Humane Society's Community Outreach Coordinator Samantha Luhmann.
You can find the tree in Onalaska's Valley View Mall. The Humane Society hopes to have the tree available through Christmas.
- Kendhammer attorneys could appeal, request new trial
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man in custody
- La Crosse's mayor responds to council overrriding his veto
- Local cancer patients, families receive personalized quilts
- 'Drive sober or get pulled over' campaign kicks off
- City of La Crosse to consider history, cultural museum
- Colgan Air in La Crosse celebrates new addition
- Rotary Lights in need of donated ice skates
- New Wisconsin law allows Paramedics, EMT's to provide care in home
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 15, 2017