LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Schools across our area took time to thank our veterans Friday.
At North Woods Elementary in La Crosse, students put on a musical performance, and also delivered handmade cards and gifts to veterans in attendance.
All of the veterans at the ceremony used to be students at the elementary school.
"We keep it local so that the students feel a connection toward people who have served. A lot of kids don't understand the magnitude and they don't understand what their family has been through," said veteran and North Wood's teacher Scott Borders.
4th and 5th graders from North Woods also took a field trip to UW-L Friday morning to sing at a Veterans Day breakfast.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- Project to bring apartments, preschool, commercial space to downtown Winona
- Wisconsin attorney general open to allowing guns in schools
- Results of sexual assault kit leads to arrest in 2008 assault
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage