LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Police responded to a one vehicle crash at 2400 Gillette Street on the city's north side around 4 a.m. Friday.
A passerby had spotted a vehicle off the road. Officers found that the male driver had left the roadway and struck a tree down an embankment while traveling eastbound.
It appears the crash happened earlier in the morning.
The driver of the vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash remains under investigation by the La Crosse Police Department and the La Crosse County Medical Examiner's office.
Westbound traffic on Gillette Street was temporarily rerouted while emergency crews worked at the scene.
The driver's name will not be released at this time pending notification of family.
- School and other weather related closings/delays for Monday, February 19
- Wisconsin Legislature to vote on reinsurance, tax cuts
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Search turned up illegal drugs, hand grenade in Neillsville
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Original Picasso print stolen from Milwaukee art gallery
- WIAA boys basketball playoff brackets released
- Lazzaris adds international flair to state meet