LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Health officials say flu shot distribution has been smooth despite a lack of a mist option.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention did away with the alternative to the typical shot because of its lack of effectiveness.
Officials at Gundersen Health System say that although a flu shot doesn't cover every strain of the influenza virus, it is effective in treating the four most common strains.
Gundersen has provided flu shots since mid-October and is currently holding a flu shot clinic until later this month,
Officials say it's important for everyone to get a shot.
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- Wis.-bound plane crashes in Indiana; no survivors
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- Saint Mary's holds Breaking Barriers event March 8
- Passengers OK when plane slides off Green Bay airport runway
- Plane slides of Wis. runway
- Taking Flight in Prairie du Chien
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill