MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Governor Scott Walker thanked teachers around Wisconsin as part of Thank a Teacher Day.
Walker signed a proclamation on Tuesday recognizing teachers for all of their hard work.
"Teachers have a lasting influence on the children they teach. Each of us has that one teacher who really inspired us to learn and tackle each difficult math problem, science project, or history lesson," Governor Walker said. "For me, that person was my third grade teacher, Mrs. Basley. Thank you, Mrs. Basley, and all other teachers like her who challenge our students and give them the knowledge to help guide them throughout life."
The U.S. Department of Education encourages you to use #ThankATeacher to post about the positive impact teachers have made in your life.
May 5-9 is Teacher Appreciation Week in Wisconsin.
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- Heart attack survivor praises exercise as life-changing
- Gander Outdoors opens in Onalaska
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Milwaukee to bid for 2020 Democratic National Convention
- Preferred route picked for Wisconsin, Iowa transmission line
- Rent-to-Own bill passes Wis. Assembly
- Wis. bill would put millions toward millennial ad campaign
- Gritty Eagles eye NCAA Tournament
- Federal tuition tax deduction back on the books