LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some polling locations in Wisconsin will be monitored to ensure fair voting practices.
Wisconsin's Attorney General says he plans to dispatch 'Election Integrity Teams' to many polling locations, including la Crosse and Eau Claire. The teams will be watching for electioneering, observer misconduct and wrongful denial of the right to vote.
Volunteers will also be watching La Crosse's polling locations. The La Crosse County Clerk says these volunteers are not there to sway voters.
"They're there just to make sure the processes are being involved, that things are running smoothly, and if they have any issues or concerns they'll report those out," said la Crosse County Clerk Ginny Dankmeyer.
The volunteer watchers are designated a spot in the polling location and prohibited from interacting with voters.
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- Heart attack survivor praises exercise as life-changing
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Car goes through ice on Lake Onalaska, owner rescued
- Federal tuition tax deduction back on the books
- First public meeting held on Trane All-Abilities Park funding campaign
- Gander Outdoors opens in Onalaska
- Students learn robotics, design during first-hand lesson on engineering at Trane
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan
- Local students hold candlelight vigil for Florida school shooting victims