LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some La Crosse students are spreading holiday cheer this week by gifting presents to local families in need.
Aquinas High School students collected, wrapped, and are donating enough holiday gifts for five families in our area. The students adopted the five families through Catholic Charities adopt-a-family Christmas giving program.
Students say it's an opportunity to make a visible impact on our community.
"Just to know that it's making an impact in their life makes me feel a lot better. Christmas is coming up, so they'll have something to open, just to feel happy about," said Aquinas High School Junior Emma Knudson.
Aquinas students also participated in Gundersen's blanket drive, collected food for local food pantries, and went caroling throughout La Crosse, all to spread some holiday cheer.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018
- Wisconsin sees increase in respiratory illnesses