LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - We are one week away from alternate side parking season in La Crosse.
Starting next Tuesday, vehicles parked on La Crosse streets overnight will have to be on the even side of the street on even dates and the odd side of the street on odd dates. So, on November 1st, all vehicles will have to be on the odd side of the street from one to six in the morning.
Officers say students should even try to find a spot where their car can stay for the winter.
"If you don't need your car here, you're a student here, maybe it's time to think about getting it back home. I understand certainly if you're in need of having that car here, but a lot of these cars do sit for quite a bit of time and never get moved, and if that's the case there's no sense in taking the risk of getting the ticket. Try and get your car to someplace where it's just not going to be on the street," said La Crosse Police Department Sergeant Tom Walsh.
Parking tickets in La Crosse start at $12 if paid in the first 10 days, but increase if not paid on time.
- Screnock, Dallet advance in Wisconsin Supreme Court primary
- State Assembly overwhelmingly passes Gov. Walker's Health Care Stability Plan
- Voters in West Salem approve school referendum
- Two advance in Tomah mayoral race
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Voters in Viroqua choose two to move on in mayor's race
- La Crosse residents brave icy conditions following freezing rain
- Wisconsin Assembly passes school guard grant bill
- Supreme Court asked to review 'Making a Murderer' confession
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2018