LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local musicians are banding together this weekend for a good cause.
Nine local acts will be performing Saturday night at Pearl Street Brewery as part of a release part for a CD titled "Sisters and Brothers."
The album features 16 original tracks written and recorded by musicians from La Crosse County.
All proceeds from the concert and CD sales will be donated to the Local Lupus Alliance.
Among the artists is three-time Grammy award winner Bill Miller, who says he's more than happy to help out his hometown whenever he can.
"I'm looking forward to this, I think La Crosse has a lot to offer with a lot of gifted musicians and artists in this town and I'm just glad to be part of it," said Miller.
The music starts at 5 p.m. on Saturday at Pearl Street Brewery. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.
You can order tickets online or pick them up ahead of time at Deaf Ear Records, Tree Hugger's Coop, Pearl Street Brewery, Old Towne Strings and Instrument Repair of La Crosse.
- Watch the closing arguments here: Day 9 of the Todd Kendhammer murder trial
- 1 injured in truck vs. buggy crash
- Legislature tackles Wisconsin school funding formula
- Gundersen building Comprehensive Cancer Center in Tomah
- Central's Davis overcomes significant injury, expands role on court
- New partnership is making opioid overdose-reversing drug available at UW campuses
- La Crosse County still looking into joining statewide opioid lawsuits
- Defendant Todd Kendhammer takes stand in murder trial
- Jury starts deliberations in Kendhammer murder trial
- Community comes together to support family following fire tragedy