LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Sunday was Father’s Day, and dads all over enjoyed a nice Sunday, spending quality time with their kids, and unwrapping what is sure to be their new favorite tie.
Some kids from the Coulee Children's Center in La Crosse shared what they love the most about their dads:
"I like him [because] he plays with me a lot, and he plays games with me."
"My dad picks me up and takes me behind his back and carries me to my bed and then drops me on my bed."
"He makes good jokes."
"I love that he's sweet . . . That's what I love about him. He's sweeter than anybody."
The first Father's Day was celebrated in 1966, but it wasn't until 1972 that President Richard Nixon made it a permanent national holiday.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- UPDATE: Wisconsin police identify man who was fatally shot by an officer in Caledonia
- Wisconsin reinstates Cephus after sexual assault acquittal
- Treasurer Godlewski meeting with local retirees and farmers in La Crosse
- Stretch of Winona County Road 17 closing for construction
- Two motorcyclists, dog injured in Vernon County crash
- Backers of rural dental care find something to smile about
- Thousands of feet of Fort McCoy rail tracks being replaced in second year of upgrades
- Officials: Sudden Oak Death Disease moving towards Minnesota, spreading through flower shrubs
- NYPD fires officer for 2014 death of Eric Garner
- Long lines at Minneapolis airport due to security changes