LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic Health System Health Services to Business will hold a spring conference April 11 at the Radisson Center, La Crosse.
"Leading the Way: Trends and Transformations in Workplace Health and Safety", from 7-11:30 a.m., is intended for individuals who have a role in health and safety programs at work.
Patrick Arendt of Arendt Risk Services will discuss "Hot New Trends and Long-standing Considerations Impacting Workers' Comp Management." Then one of nine certified ergonomists in Wisconsin, Brian Langenhorst of Mayo Clinic Health System, will present "Conspiracy of Kindness: Effective Leadership Techniques to Impact Ergonomics."
Michael Melnick, owner of Prevention Plus, will deliver the keynote address, “The Language of Safety: Moving from Knowing to Doing.” Over the past 25 years, Melnick has given his presentation to more than a half million people at the largest companies in the country, including Home Depot, Walmart, Target, Coca-Cola and Mayo Clinic. His focus is on creating workplaces that are healthy, productive and energized.
Registration for the conference is available online here and the cost is $20 per participant and $10 for each additional participant from the same company and breakfast is included. Call 877-458-4873 to register as well.
- Survey shows Wisconsin employment expected to rise above national average
- La Crosse celebrates St. Patrick's Day
- Colon cancer steadily decreasing, according to new reports
- 44th annual custom auto show visits the La Crosse Center
- Bangor boys basketball wins Division 5 state championship
- District hosts operating referendum informational meeting
- Kaul rips Schimel on wells, opioids, arming teachers
- Personality conflict puts Walker priorities in peril
- Company that built Florida pedestrian bridge also designed I-90 Dresbach, Winona bridges
- FBI asking for leads in fatal apartment explosion