LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local foodies took a 'Taste of the Coulee Region' Thursday night. The annual event hosted by the YWCA of La Crosse brought in more than two dozen restaurants, bakers and brewers.
Flavors from La Crosse and Trempealeau counties were represented during the event from 5:30 to 8 P.M. at Celebrations on the River.
Organizers say money raised during the event will help them serve underserved populations in the area.
"I really think it's fun to come out and taste something that might be new to you as well as to know that you are making a difference. So, while your taste buds are having a little fun, the money that we raise really goes straight to people who really need it in our community," said Rose Reinert, development director of YWCA La Crosse.
This is the 7th annual Taste of the Coulee Region event.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse sending 40 youth to Washington, D.C.
- Local officials recommend alternative routes during road repairs
- Child safe after attempted abduction in La Farge
- La Crosse Fire Department adds new engine, remembers fallen fire fighter
- Authorities identify pilot killed in Wisconsin plane crash
- Gubernatorial candidate stopped in La Crosse Sunday
- Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson talks tariff effects on farmers, manufacturers
- Wisconsin duck boat operators won't change operations
- Mild winter means uptick in mosquitoes in Wisconsin
- Fort McCoy opens its doors to visitors.