LA CROSSE, Wis. (WBKT) - Youth who want to learn more about Air Force life, experience flying, and develop leadership skills have the opportunity over the next three weeks to become a Civil Air Patrol cadet with the La Crosse Composite Squadron.
Youth and their parents are welcome to attend an information night on either Monday, August 5 or Monday, August 12 from 7:30-8:30 p.m. New cadets will be accepted until Monday, August 26. After that date interested youth will need to wait until the next membership opportunity held in early December.
The squadron, one of the largest in the state of Wisconsin, admits new cadets to its program four times a year.
The La Crosse Composite Squadron meets Monday nights at 6:30 p.m. at the CAP Center located at 2906 Fanta Fee Rd. on the east side of the La Crosse Municipal Airport. Prospective cadets, ages 12-18, and their parents are always welcome.
More information is available on the unit website at http://caplacrosse.org or the unit's Facebook page.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin hemp bill changed to appease law enforcement
- Repairs to begin on La Crosse Street near Losey Blvd.
- Man dies following weekend boating accident on Mississippi River
- UPDATE: Pilot dies in Vernon County aircraft crash
- Court: Man properly convicted of making Facebook threats
- Authorities: 3 people put body in river to hide drug death
- Wisconsin woman gets 9 months in jail for harming her baby
- Man implicated in missing brothers case charged in Kansas
- Employee accused of threatening Menards distribution center
- Exotic lizard found hiding under steps of Onalaska home