LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local car dealer is wrapping up a year of giving back to the community.
WisCorps received the final donation of the 2017 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program Thursday.
For the past year, Toyota of La Crosse has been donating a portion of sales every month to local causes.
They ended the campaign by raising close to $52,000 for charities and organizations chosen by the dealership's employees.
That includes $2,500 going to WisCorps from December's fundraiser.
"It took off bigger than we imagined it would, and I think just for the fact the community's been kind to us, it's our turn to give back and this is our way of doing it, so it's been very enjoyable," said Toyota of La Crosse General Manager Sean Green.
Toyota of La Crosse says they'll do the fundraisers again this year, but will do them quarterly instead of monthly in order to increase their donation amounts.
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- La Crosse health officials point to vaccinations amid local measles threat
- Missing 16-year-old spotted in Monroe, possibly heading to Portage, police say
- Wisconsin grapples with allowing bitcoin campaign donations
- Death Cafe hopes to normalize conversations surrounding death
- Youth & Government Day teaches La Crosse students about how government works
- Job fair in La Crosse gives students help in planning future careers
- La Crosse woman indicted with five others in federal court for drug conspiracy
- La Crosse Longfellow Middle School students advance in 'Wisconsin YES!' contest
- Court: PR firm not entitled to free accident data