LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local car dealer is wrapping up a year of giving back to the community.
WisCorps received the final donation of the 2017 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program Thursday.
For the past year, Toyota of La Crosse has been donating a portion of sales every month to local causes.
They ended the campaign by raising close to $52,000 for charities and organizations chosen by the dealership's employees.
That includes $2,500 going to WisCorps from December's fundraiser.
"It took off bigger than we imagined it would, and I think just for the fact the community's been kind to us, it's our turn to give back and this is our way of doing it, so it's been very enjoyable," said Toyota of La Crosse General Manager Sean Green.
Toyota of La Crosse says they'll do the fundraisers again this year, but will do them quarterly instead of monthly in order to increase their donation amounts.
- Study finds women now outnumber men in the medical field
- New Shingles vaccine is proving to be more effective
- Girl Scouts prepare for cookie season
- National Alliance on Mental Illness will hold sessions to educate public on mental illness
- Update: One fatality reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- Skiers remember a fallen friend while hitting the slopes
- Right to Life group holds peaceful protest outside Gundersen Medical Center
- Big 9 Dance conference championships held in Winona
- News 8 Sports Round Up-January 20, 2018