LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local car dealer is wrapping up a year of giving back to the community.
WisCorps received the final donation of the 2017 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program Thursday.
For the past year, Toyota of La Crosse has been donating a portion of sales every month to local causes.
They ended the campaign by raising close to $52,000 for charities and organizations chosen by the dealership's employees.
That includes $2,500 going to WisCorps from December's fundraiser.
"It took off bigger than we imagined it would, and I think just for the fact the community's been kind to us, it's our turn to give back and this is our way of doing it, so it's been very enjoyable," said Toyota of La Crosse General Manager Sean Green.
Toyota of La Crosse says they'll do the fundraisers again this year, but will do them quarterly instead of monthly in order to increase their donation amounts.
- News 8 Investigates: Human Trafficking
- Missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter found safe in Madison
- Walker proposes Wisconsin welfare overhaul package
- La Crosse Center board picks design for renovation
- Coon Valley woman charged in drug overdose death
- Boys charged in $60,000, bee-killing vandalism
- Registered Sex Offender wanted by police
- Wisconsin unemployment hit record low in December
- Racine police fatally shoot man after traffic stop
- Officials search for missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter last seen Wednesday