LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A fast-growing local barbecue competition is moving to La Crosse's Southside Oktoberfest grounds.
The Rotary Rock-N-Ribs event was in need of more space after partnering with the Kansas City Barbecue Society. The third annual event grew from 19 competitors its first year to more than 60 entries this year.
Competitors say in addition to the good food, many teams show off some interesting smokers.
"You'll see some that look like a small freight train, you'll look at some like it's a green egg, you'll see pellet smokers. You'll see every shape and size, and each team has their own way of approaching that, getting that smoke to come through in their presentations,” said Rotary Rock-N-Ribs Competitor Mark Brickl.
The two-day barbecue event begins next Friday at 11 a.m. You can find costs and a schedule of events on their website RotaryRockNRibs.com.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018
- Wisconsin sees increase in respiratory illnesses