WEST ALLIS, Wis. (WKBT) - Linda's Bakery in West Salem has been named the 2018 Bakery Operation of the Year by the Wisconsin Bakers Association (WBA).
Five Wisconsin bakeries were nominated and past winners of the award voted to determine this year's winner. Marc and Sue Anderson, owners of Linda’s Bakery and long-standing members of the association, accepted the award.
The Bakery Operation of the Year award was created in 2001 to recognize an outstanding bakery operation annually. This year's award was sponsored by Valley Cooperative Association.
Anderson was happy to accept the award on behalf of his bakery and staff. "I just couldn't do it without our staff, they are the reason that we are successful”. He added “You can have a great product but it's the superior customer service that makes you special".
Linda's Bakery also received three best of show awards for their donut entries plus additional honors for long johns, pies and a dessert table.
Over 80 bakers from 37 Wisconsin bakeries entered the contest.
Linda's Bakery is a family owned, full line bakery is located on Highway 16 in West Salem and has been serving La Crosse County and the Western Wisconsin area since 1973. Linda's Bakery offers a full line of baked goods, bread, decorated cakes, wedding cakes, coffee drinks and more.
- Man arrested after firing gun outside French Island apartment building
- National opioid crisis continues but local numbers show progress
- Temporary teaching permit aims to fill need for substitute teachers
- Fire out at site of oil refinery explosion in Superior
- La Crosse police search for two men in antique jewelry theft
- ‘Parents Who Host Lose the Most' campaign kicks-off in La Crosse
- Square foot gardening kits sold in La Crosse
- Middle school students in La Crosse learn about technical careers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 26, 2018
- Hike through La Crosse marsh trails with your four-legged friends at ‘Tails for Trails'