LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 25th annual 'Letter Carriers' food drive is helping tackle hunger in the coulee region.
Stamp Out Hunger is a postal workers food drive.
Mail carriers deliver blue bags to residents' doors, people then fill those bags up with food and place them by their mailboxes for mail carriers to pick up.
Event organizers say it's one of the biggest food drives in the nation and has made a big difference in our community.
"On one day we can collect so much food that we can go through the summer serving the programs that the hunger task force serves."
- Onalaska Police Chief submits resignation
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018