ARMENIA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Juneau County Sheriff's Office says a crash was reported on County Highway G in Armenia Township around 1 a.m. Saturday.
First responders found a body in the roadway that was later identified as the passenger in the incident.
They were then alerted to a report of another crash on County Highway G at Fourth Street, about 5 miles farther down the road.
The driver of the vehicle was transported via Med Flight to a nearby hospital.
The name of both the driver and the passenger who was killed are being withheld because this is an ongoing investigation.
The Sheriff's Office was also assisted by the Armenia Fire Department, Nekoosa Area Ambulance and the Juneau County Coroner's Office.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Former Miss Wisconsin Outstanding Teen claims Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest crown
- Wisconsin will not join tentative settlement agreement with Purdue Pharma
- Oktoberfest USA Medallion has been found
- Concordia Ballroom gets dancers up to speed with free polka lessons
- King Apple Parade marches through La Crescent
- Retired Air Force major general introduces new book to area veterans
- Hmong New Year Festival helps bond community members
- Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders to stop in Decorah
- UW-La Crosse soccer loses thriller in double overtime against Coe College
- UW-La Crosse volleyball extends winning streak to three