LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One local organization is raising awareness on Congenital Heart Defects or CHD. Lasting Imprint met at the Children's Museum Sunday for their first La Crosse CHD awareness week gathering.
CHD is when a child is born with an abnormally structured heart or large vessels. The conditions affect one in every 100 babies and there is currently no cure.
Organizers said events like the gathering are important for raising awareness.
"A lot of babies sometimes don't even survive into adulthood. Some 80 percent don't even make it until their first birthday. With CHD being the number one birth defect, it's just a passion of mine to make sure there's awareness out there in our area for this condition," Clinical Support Supervisor Megan Ustby said.
To learn more about CHD or Lasting Imprint, visit their website at www.lastingimprint.com
- Screnock, Dallet advance in Wisconsin Supreme Court primary
- State Assembly overwhelmingly passes Gov. Walker's Health Care Stability Plan
- Voters in West Salem approve school referendum
- Two advance in Tomah mayoral race
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Voters in Viroqua choose two to move on in mayor's race
- La Crosse residents brave icy conditions following freezing rain
- Wisconsin Assembly passes school guard grant bill
- Supreme Court asked to review 'Making a Murderer' confession
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2018