LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you're looking to get rid of some of the larger items around your house, the city of La Crosse can help.
The city's large item collection period began Monday.
Each collection is limited to 5 items and they should be placed at your normal garbage and recycling collection point.
The city also asks that any mattresses and box springs be kept separate from the other items. Electronics and appliances will not be picked up.
The large item collection will run through June 9th with each address getting two collection days on its regular recycling day.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill