LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Business owners and industry leaders are getting a thank you for all they do for the La Crosse area.
The La Crosse Area Development Corporation, or LADCO, held its 21st annual industry appreciation breakfast Wednesday morning. Organizers say the event is a chance to thank businesses for bringing jobs to the La Crosse area and celebrate recent successes.
LADCO Executive Director James Hill says business in the area is booming because a large number of young people are deciding La Crosse is the place to be.
"More and more today, people who are coming out of college are saying, 'I want to figure out where I want to live first, and then the companies will find me,'" said Hill. "That's a whole change in how things were for decades, you got the job first and then you decided if you liked it where you lived. It's the opposite today, so our area starts with a tremendous leg up."
This year's breakfast included a keynote speech from Craig Culver, who is one of the co-founders of the Culver's restaurant chain. Culver's started as a family-run restaurant in Sauk City in the 1980s before expanding to more than 600 locations in 24 states.
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'Right to Try' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached