LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One local resident is awarded the title of Miss Hmong America 2018.
A special celebration was held today for Ka Bao Vue to recognize her new title. The event included a speech from Vue and cultural Hmong dancers.
Vue competed for the title last December against 4 other women. Along with winning the title of 'Miss Hmong America', she also won 'Most Talented' and 'Miss Congeniality' titles.
Vue says besides the great experiences she's had, it's what she was able to do in other communities that means the most to her.
She says, "bringing school supplies, like for example, to Laos and Thailand, where we came from, giving it back to the kids over there so that they can get a good education."
Vue is the first winner of the award from Wisconsin.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse