LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The City of La Crosse's 2.4 percent unemployment rate is a new record low.
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) released new data Wednesday showing that La Crosse's preliminary December 2017 unemployment rate of 2.4 percent is a new low for any month on current record.
According to the DWD, half of Wisconsin's 12 metro areas, 18 of the state's largest municipalities and 48 counties either tied or set a new record December low unemployment rates.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released data Tuesday showing Wisconsin ranked fifth nationally in the 12-month decline in unemployment rate and had the fifth-highest labor force participation rate in December 2007 of 68.9 percent.
- "This program absolutely saved my life" -- Local veteran talks about Exposure Therapy
- Winona Health finalizes building plans with YMCA
- Bon-Ton acquired by CSG Generation, may reopen stores in Wisconsin
- Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- Motive unknown in Middleton office shooting; Officials update condition of victims
- 15-year-old arrested after teen was shot on metro bus full of students
- Ramsey County attorney will reopen review of police shooting
- Tornado Watch for News 8 Viewing Area
- Job Fair provides opportunities for job seekers
- Here, Hear to bring local history alive for local students