LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse is about to get a little more Irish over the next few days.
The 13th annual Irishfest kicks off Friday at the southside Oktoberfest grounds with opening ceremonies starting at 3 in the afternoon.
After that, it'll be a weekend of Irish music, dance, food, and other celebrations of the culture.
Organizers say it takes hundreds of people to transform the fest grounds into a little piece of Ireland every year.
"You can see how the grounds change a little bit with some of the decorations and other things that we put in and add and we couldn't do it without them, we're very grateful for their time and efforts," said Irishfest President Pat Stephens.
You can find a full list of musical acts and events at the cultural tents online at irishfestlacrosse.org.
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- Heart attack survivor praises exercise as life-changing
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Car goes through ice on Lake Onalaska, owner rescued
- Federal tuition tax deduction back on the books
- First public meeting held on Trane All-Abilities Park funding campaign
- Gander Outdoors opens in Onalaska
- Students learn robotics, design during first-hand lesson on engineering at Trane
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan
- Local students hold candlelight vigil for Florida school shooting victims