LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The River Valley Media Group will begin outsourcing its production to a printing plant in Madison beginning August 11, 2019.
According to an official statement released by Lee Enterprises, owner of the River Valley Media Group and the printing plant in Madison, the move is part of an industry trend as newspapers seek to consolidate and improve efficiencies. The move will allow the papers to focus resources on generating local content, while ensuring long-term viability of the print product.
River Valley Media Group publications include the La Crosse Tribune, Winona Daily News, Onalaska-Holmen Courier Life news, Tomah Journal & Monitor Herald, West Salem Coulee News, Foxxy Shoppers, Jackson County Chronicle, Vernon County Broadcaster, Westby Times and Houston County News.
The statement also said that the press located in La Crosse is aging and has become difficult to maintain operations due to the challenges of securing replacement parts and that the move should not impact the quality of any products currently produced in La Crosse.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police seeking help in identifying theft suspect
- Evers issues order to curb PFAS pollution
- Vernon County authorities need assistance in identifying hit & run suspect
- Western Technical College to offer three new programs for automation, animal science and robotics
- Iowa man who killed top golfer from Spain gets life sentence
- Ex-NFL lineman Bennett, wife found dead in Minnesota
- Bee-lieve it: Rare bee spotted in Wisconsin
- Road work continues on La Crosse Street near Losey Boulevard
- La Crosse Water Utility work will affect Clinton Street travelers
- Wisconsin man accused of threatening workplace shooting