LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse is participating in a state-wide celebration showing off the importance of its downtown areas.
The first ever Wisconsin Main Street Day will highlight how downtown areas and businesses affect local economies.
At Tuesday's event, La Crosse will also be celebrating the completed first phase of the $68 million Belle Square development. State leaders will also be in La Crosse for the event.
La Crosse's Downtown Mainstreet Incorporated says there is a lot to celebrate locally.
"Downtown La Crosse, like I said, has just been booming in the last 2 to 5 years, and that vitality is important to all of us who live here in our community,” said Downtown Mainstreet Executive Director Robin Moses.
La Crosse's Main Street Day celebration is free and open to the public. You can join city and state leaders Tuesday at Belle Square along 3rd Street, starting at 1 p.m.
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- La Crosse police burglary investigation leads to large drug bust
- $1 million bond set for Monroe Co. man accused in fatal shooting
- New study finds millennials likely to pursue nursing
- Volunteer grandparents continue making a difference at local schools
- La Crosse man arrested for attempted sexual assault of a child
- Semi crashes into school hurting 4 people including 3 kids
- Namaste program brings calm, reduces aggression in dementia residents
- Assignment: Education - La Crosse's new community schools
- Resilient Vikings have taken their cue from Zimmer