LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Symphony Orchestra hosted its Play It Forward event at Valley View Mall Saturday.
Through the event, the organization is aiming to collect as many lightly used musical instruments for area music students.
After donations, the instruments are refurbished and then donated to the La Crosse School District.
Nearly 50 instruments were donated during Saturday's event while over 100 instruments have been collected over the last three years.
A portion of the donated string instruments are given to the Boys and Girls Club of Greater La Crosse.
- Kendhammer attorneys could appeal, request new trial
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man in custody
- La Crosse's mayor responds to council overrriding his veto
- Local cancer patients, families receive personalized quilts
- 'Drive sober or get pulled over' campaign kicks off
- City of La Crosse to consider history, cultural museum
- New Wisconsin law allows Paramedics, EMT's to provide care in home
- News 8 Sports Round Up-December 15, 2017
- Walker says he would be 'shocked' if Ryan drops out
- House Speaker Paul Ryan denies reports he may leave Congress