LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse School District opened their summer food service program at multiple sites.
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) provides nutritious meals to children during the summer, when free and reduced-price school meals are typically unavailable. Free meals will be made available to children 18 years of age and under. Persons over 18 years of age who are determined by a state or local public educational agency to be mentally or physically disabled and who also participate in a public or private nonprofit school program during the regular school year may receive free meals as well.
Adults accompanying their children may purchase a meal for $2.00 (breakfast) and $3.00 (lunch). Schedules vary at each location. Times, dates, and locations of meal service are subject to change. There will be no meals served during July 1-5, 2019.
"This program fills a void created when school meals are not available," said School District of
La Crosse School Nutrition Specialist Marilyn Volden. "Helping parents meet the nutritional needs of their children is the strength of this program."
The full schedule of site locations, dates, and times is below.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Law signed by President Trump could extend benefits to more Vietnam War veterans
- Minnesota offers grants to replace diesel equipment, vehicles with green alternatives
- Cyclist raising awareness, funds to help decrease mass shootings
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin supports funding for Mississippi River locks and dams
- Major League Fishing REDCREST Tournament kicks-off
- Health tips from experts about Fall allergies
- Breast Cancer study closes enrollment after more than 500 enroll
- Temporary lane closure on Losey Blvd. on La Crosse's southside
- Area nonprofits receive "Swipe Out Hunger" donations
- 678 drivers cited during first week of hands-free law in Minnesota