LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Police Chief Ron Tischer has been selected to lead a police department in Payson, Arizona.
According to a press release from the Town of Payson Manager's Office, the current Payson Police Chief Donald Engler is retiring on July 26, 2019. The town hired a professional recruiting firm to assist in finding a new Police Chief. The position was advertised for thirty days beginning March 13, 2019. Fifty three applications were received with six candidates selected for interviews.
Following two days of interviews, the top candidate was chosen. The selected candidate is Chief Ronald J. Tischer.
Chief Tischer has lead the City of La Crosse Police Department since 2012.
Chief Tischer is expected to begin working with the Town of Payson on July 29, 2019, according to the release.
In an email to News 8 yesterday, Chief Tischer said "I have no formal offers for other employment, and have not submitted anything in writing to the city."
When contacted today, Chief Tischer said, "Once I received a formal offer I will respond."
Below is a copy of the release from the Town of Payson.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Local firefighters say helping mourning Madison firefighters is important honor
- Trempealeau business reopens after more than 100 days closed due to flooding
- Steamboat Days Grande Parade keeps river city tradition alive
- Diary (Sun) Day bonds families through bovines
- Local kids share favorite dad attributes on Father's day
- Road repairs will limit traffic downtown
- Onalaska streets undergoing repairs
- Canoer paddling down Mississippi River for veterans program
- La Crosse Firefighters head to Madison to help grieving first responders
- Central's Davis twins commit to Wisconsin