LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Police Chief Ron Tischer has been selected to lead a police department in Payson, Arizona.
According to a press release from the Town of Payson Manager's Office, the current Payson Police Chief Donald Engler is retiring on July 26, 2019. The town hired a professional recruiting firm to assist in finding a new Police Chief. The position was advertised for thirty days beginning March 13, 2019. Fifty three applications were received with six candidates selected for interviews.
Following two days of interviews, the top candidate was chosen. The selected candidate is Chief Ronald J. Tischer.
Chief Tischer has lead the City of La Crosse Police Department since 2012.
Chief Tischer is expected to begin working with the Town of Payson on July 29, 2019, according to the release.
In an email to News 8 yesterday, Chief Tischer said "I have no formal offers for other employment, and have not submitted anything in writing to the city."
When contacted today, Chief Tischer said, "Once I received a formal offer I will respond."
Below is a copy of the release from the Town of Payson.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- River Valley VA Clinic relocating to Valley View Mall
- Police: Arcadia business evacuated due to chemical spill
- Witnesses called in homicide trial of Erik Sackett
- City of La Crosse releases proposed 2020 Operating Budget
- Hemp delivery driver arrested in SD indicted on drug charges
- UW-Madison pushes for bill funding searches for MIA soldiers
- Hearing delayed for man charged in killing of Iowa student
- Best Buy joins Amazon, Walmart in offering next-day delivery
- The idea for a La Crosse Area Metropolitan Sewerage District falls apart
- Police searching for driver after hit-and-run in La Crosse