LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The city of La Crosse is offering to buy the site of a recent fire.
Three weeks ago, a fire destroyed an apartment building on Division Street. The building is now condemned.
The city is offering to buy the building for $15,000. The building would be demolished and the property would be used for future development.
"I think for now we're probably just looking at a simple asset like a community garden. We'd love to see more neighborhood retail go there, perhaps a single-family home, and perhaps a brand new residential development,” said La Crosse Community Development Administrator Caroline Gregerson.
The current owner of the property has not yet accepted the city's offer.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill