LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Students from UW-La Crosse and volunteers from the local organization Friends of the Marsh joined together for the sixth annual Marsh Clean Up.
Volunteers were stationed along Lang Drive and throughout the trails near Myrick Park.
Organizers say the event has grown over the years and with more volunteers, a greater amount of the city's natural area can be cleaned up.
Organizers hope the event will attract enough volunteers to also clean up Hixon Forest.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled