LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Another department store in the La Crosse area could be closing soon.
According to Business Insider, the Kmart on State Road and Losey Boulevard in La Crosse is among the more than 70 stores owned by Sears Holdings that will be closing across the country.
Business Insider says the list of closures was released internally within the company Tuesday. Most of the stores on the list are expected to close by September.
Sears previously announced more than 180 closures earlier this year, including the Sears Auto Center at Valley View Mall and the pharmacy at the La Crosse Kmart.
Sears has not yet publicly confirmed the closure.
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached
- Watch The Decorah Eagles- LIVE
- Xcel Energy named one of World's Most Admired Companies
- Vino Fest features Wisconsin wines with help from tourism grant
- Teen arrested for bringing loaded gun to Madison school