LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse 10th grade twins won grand prize in Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest.
Christine and Elizabeth Hlavacka, both from Aquinas High School, won the statewide youth business plan contest for students in middle and high school, a release said.
The Hlavacka's website application, WeWork.Biz, matches youth with employers for jobs and volunteer opportunities.
They will present their winning idea June 7 at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' Conference in Madison during the awards luncheon for the Governor's Business Plan Contest.
To learn more about the Wisconsin YES! statewide youth business plan contest click here.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling