LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A student-let group at Central High School is organizing a walkout on March 14 in support of both the National School Walkout (March 14) and National High School Walkout for Anti-gun Violence (April 20).
In a message from Central High School to parents, Principal McDonald said safety of students who participate this event is their priority.
McDonald said, "The goal is to respect all viewpoints while supporting students by providing a safe environment for them to voice their concerns."
The event is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Tuesday, March 13.
"This student-led group is completely voluntary, as is participation in the planned event. Classes at Central High School will proceed as usual that day, and our schedule will not be altered to accommodate the event. Additionally, we will not condone any activity that involves students walking outside the school building and compromising their safety. Students who choose to leave the building for such an event will be considered unexcused," McDonald said.
- Death Cafe hopes to normalize conversations surrounding death
- La Crosse health officials point to vaccinations amid local measles threat
- La Crosse water voted best-tasting in Wisconsin
- Westby native competes on ‘The Price is Right'
- Future of La Crosse's senior centers discussed at Board of Public Works
- Small bookstores in La Crosse feeling nationwide boom
- Construction along Losey Boulevard in La Crosse
- Holmen student awarded first place in statewide competition
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- La Crosse's Jackson Plaza reaches capacity as local business joins shopping center