LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Habitat for Humanity is building two new homes in La Crosse and they are looking for potential homeowners to partner with.
According to a press release, informational sessions will be hosted at the Habitat ReStore, 3181 Berlin Drive in La Crosse on Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 10 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 16 at 6 p.m., Friday, Nov. 17 at 3 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 18 at 10 a.m.
After each session, staff and volunteers will be available to help complete a Homeowner Application. Details of what applicants will need to bring with them are available here.
If you are unable to attend an informational session, and would like to apply, call 608-785-2373, extension 104 or email your request to email@example.com.
Applications are due by Friday, Dec. 1, the release said.
Partner families are selected based on their present housing need, willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity, including completing at least 350 hours of "sweat equity", ability to pay the interest-free mortgage, and residency in this community for the past 12 months.
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- La Crosse police burglary investigation leads to large drug bust
- New study finds millennials likely to pursue nursing
- Volunteer grandparents continue making a difference at local schools
- Semi crashes into school hurting 4 people including 3 kids
- Namaste program brings calm, reduces aggression in dementia residents
- La Crosse man arrested for attempted sexual assault of a child
- Assignment: Education - La Crosse's new community schools
- Wisconsin relied on NAFTA for 2016 exports
- Minneapolis improves connectivity to prepare for Super Bowl