LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Fire Department responded to a fire call at 6:47 p.m. Thursday evening at UW La Crosse Eagle Hall.
An investigation revealed that an electrical fan malfunctioned directly below a sprinkler head, fire officials said.
The sprinkler contained the fire and crews were able to search the building and ventilate the smoke.
According to the press release, the fire and smoke damage was minimal.
No injuries were reported.
- Turnout in Wisconsin primary highest since 2002
- Trane reaches agreement with union workers in La Crosse
- Gov. Walker kicks off re-election campaign in Onalaska
- Broadcasters invite governor, Senate candidates to debates
- Democrats' hope to beat Walker is former teacher
- Little-known official ends ex-Gov. Pawlenty's comeback bid
- Parade of Homes starts Friday
- Young boulevard trees need to be watered
- Wisconsin appeals court rejects frack sand lawsuit
- DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary