LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse County Judge granted the motion to dismiss the charges against a former Holmen High School assistant accused of sexual assault.
A motion to dismiss was filed in La Crosse County Court Monday.
According to court reports, District Attorney Tim Gruenke said he was not prepared to go forward with charges against Timothy Schilling due to lack of evidence.
Schilling, 47, was arrested in November on multiple sexual assault charges, including three counts of first degree sexual assault of a child.
The Holmen School District said, "Based upon the information we received from law enforcement, there is no evidence the current charges involve the School District of Holmen or our students. However, we will not let this event interfere with our commitment to our student's education. We continue to work to provide our staff with timely and factual information so that they may best serve the needs of our students and their parents."
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Daily Holiday - American education week
- Mug shot of the day - Rick from Prairie du Chein
- La Crosse Parks Department review finds funding transferred between parks, inconsistent budgets
- New cholesterol guidelines could mean your kids will be getting checked
- Viterbo University hosts community, veterans for Veterans Day ceremonies
- 3 arrested in La Crosse drug bust
- UPDATE: Eau Claire Police continue search for missing man
- Assignment: Education - New Spanish Exchange Program
- Girl spent hours in Milwaukee tow lot after mother's arrest
- Governor Dayton announces "Free Park Friday" in Minnesota
- Mayo Clinic receives record $200M gift from Michigan donor
- Legislators approve Evers transition budget
- Photographer: Nazi salute image not meant to be offensive
- Legislators to vote on Evers transition budget
- Wolf taken to Isle Royale National Park this fall dies