LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Community Theatre's Board of Directors has appointed a new Executive Director following a search process that began in April.
Grant Golson has been chosen as the new Executive Director and brings years of fundraising experience, most recently with the ALS Association, and years of experience as a performer and arts administrator.
Golson holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from New York's New School University and plans to finish his Master of Business Administration in Management from the University of Kansas later this year.
"Grant brings a wide variety of skills to the position including artistic oversight, management, and fundraising," said Sara Battison, president of the Board of Directors. "His background in fundraising and the arts create the perfect combination of skills to take La Crosse Community Theatre forward."
"I am so excited to lead LCT into the next phase of its life. I can't wait to become a cheese head!" said Golson.
Golson expects to begin his tenure at LCT on August 29 in La Crosse and plans to host town-hall type meetings with small groups of interested community members later this fall. "I want the opportunity to listen to what people have to say and hear about their vision for La Crosse Community Theatre," Golson said.
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up-February 23, 2018
- La Crosse Center hosts national organic conference
- ‘Green Alert' bill for veterans, Collin's Law for invisible disabilities registry head to governor