LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Students in our area are recieving scholarships from the La Crosse Community Foundation.
The foundation has more than 40 scholarships totaling about $236,000 to help fund deserving students from several different schools.
Almost all of those funds went to nearly 160 high school seniors in the region.
The last scholarship presentations took place Wednesday night at the La Crosse Center and Aquinas High School.
"Each scholarship fund has its own unique, special story and is a neat way to honor the donor and the students who are receiving the scholarships," said Katie Berkedal of the La Crosse Community Foundation.
The scholarships are created by donors who define criteria such as specific majors or schools and the foundation staff ensures the awards are given to deserving students.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse Firefighters head to Madison to help grieving first responders
- Central's Davis twins commit to Wisconsin
- About 1,000 dead trout have collected from a creek after manure spill
- Run/walk honoring Jesse Parker ends, but dream that inspired it lives on
- Area run/walk raises awareness and support to prevent veteran suicides
- Deke Slayton Museums celebrates 20 years of sharing space history
- There's dancing and fun with firefighters in Galesville
- Area farmers cook up breakfast for the community
- Onalaska Fire Department celebrates 125 years of serving community
- La Crosse fire department welcomes two new firefighters